Network Connection Information
Recommended for smartphones and laptops (devices with a web browser application.)
- Requires your SVSU username and password. Clearpass registration is not needed.
- It provides an encrypted connection.
Recommended for gaming devices, Blue-Ray players, televisions, Roku’s, Amazon Fire, Chromecast, etc.
- Please do NOT connect smartphones or laptops
- Devices MUST be registered in Clearpass. The ClearPass website is only available on campus.
- Download our Clearpass Quick Guide (285KB) or, if need more assistance, review the full Clearpass Guide (1,642KB) . Alternatively, you can .
- NAT type for gaming online will always be Moderate or Strict, due to Microsoft, Sony, and Nintendo use on corporate networks.
Recommended for guests with no SVSU user account.
- Requires registration each day and has a slower connection.
Wired Network in Housing
please note that wired network ports and wifi are set to the same speed.
2020欧洲杯体育足球即时比分wired network jacks are not active by default. please contact the it support center at (989) 964-4225 to request an activation and provide the room and the network port information.
wired devices in housing do not need to be registered in clearpass.
- Network BYOD (Bring Your Own Device) impacts personal devices (laptops, tablets, cellphones)
Starting fall 2020 all non-SVSU owned devices will be treated with restricted access to non-essential internal resources.
- Content filtering and network speed will remain unchanged on SVSUSecure.
- For the best experience, ensure all capable devices are connected SVSUSecure.
- Staff should use SVSU-owned devices when possible for daily work tasks.
in the event that you are unable to connect to wireless or use an svsusecure or svsumediagaming, try the following tips:
- Check that your wireless is enabled and airplane mode is disabled.
- Try turning off wireless, then turn it back on. This will help the device reset and refresh the list of networks it may see (especially when moving between locations on campus).
- Forgetting a wireless network, or disconnecting then reconnecting, can help clear up issues with connectivity.
- Limit the use of high-bandwidth apps and the number of devices. Keep in mind that wireless is a shared resource. When people stream high-definition movies or download large files, the amount of bandwidth consumption is high which greatly diminishes wireless performance.
- In housing, it may be beneficial to connect only the devices necessary during their required time of use (e.g. turn off wireless printers or TVs when not in use).
- We recommend taking advantage of the Office 365 cloud storage, OneDrive.
- To access OneDrive go to www.1370wpaz.com, choose Quicklinks, then OneDrive.
- When in computer labs, use the online version of the software so you can save directly to your OneDrive. If you must download or use a desktop version of the software, make sure you upload the file to your OneDrive before logging out of the computer as any locally saved documents are erased from lab computers.
- Students can print securely from SVSU machines or personal devices via Web Print. View Web Print Userguide
- To web print or to check your balance, go to www.1370wpaz.com, choose Quicklinks, then Print Balance.
- To learn more about printing options and to view a list of printer locations, log into mySVSU, then select Menu- >Technology->Print Management.