The Writing Center is closed between the spring and summer semesters. We will reopen for Online Tutoring on Monday, July 6.
SVSU Writing Center
what do we do here at the writing center?
- We provide free, individual tutorial sessions for students to help you with any writing assignment for any class. We can work with you to brainstorm ideas, organize content, integrate research, correctly document sources, or polish a final draft.
- We offer writing workshops throughout the fall and winter semesters focused on helping you learn more about APA, MLA, and academic integrity.
- We provide handouts and videos on APA, MLA, and CMS documentation, as well as other writing resources.
- We support an online writing center, where you can upload your paper and chat in real-time with a tutor about your draft.
- We hold writing contests throughout the year and produce two publications that feature writing from students, faculty, and the larger community.
- And we sponsor two community writing centers in Bay City and Saginaw, which provides free tutoring and writing workshops for any member of the community, along with a creative writing workshop in the Saginaw Correctional Facility held every fall and winter semester.
we do quite a lot here at the writing center—because we believe that writing matters. come and see us!
July 6 - August 13, 2020: ONLINE TUTORING, Tuesdays–Thursdays, 11 a.m.–3 p.m., Sundays and Mondays, 6–9 p.m.
Mon 6–9 pm, Tues 11 am–3 pm, Wed 11 am–3 pm, Thurs 11 am–3 pm, Sun 6–9 pm
Director, Helen Raica-Klotz